About Fish Tales Charters
Fish Tales Charters is proudly owned and operated by Cairns locals Darryl and Raewyn. Darryl has enjoyed fishing all his life, spending every possible moment not only fishing and exploring the local Cairns area from Hinchinbrook Island to Weipa on the Cape York Peninsula including reef, rivers and creeks in-between; many a holiday was & always will be spent with his wife Raewyn, the dog and a boat in tow.
Darryl has been mentored by some of North Queensland’s most recognised professional fishing guides and has been taught Reef GT Popper fishing by world famous GT Popper fisherman Barry James Cross.
It is local knowledge and wealth of fishing experience in Cairns & the Cairns Region that makes a Guided Estuary and/or River Fishing adventure with Darryl and Raewyn at Fish Tales Charters one of the best fishing experiences that you will ever have. Fish Tales Charters are open to instructing and educating on everything from how to catch our tropical saltwater fish species, to the correct handling and care for the fish species, as well as cooking and dining for all our customers.
Fish Tales cater for different levels of fishing experience, from the beginner, to the passionate, from the young to the elderly. We cater for families or a group of mates out for a day of fishing and exploring.
Cairns Estuary systems mangrove lined waterways have the reputation of being the world’s most diverse and productive eco-system they are also home to saltwater crocodiles (salties) and numerous species of birdlife. Fish Tales go that little bit further and give you interesting information about the history of Cairns and if you are lucky enough you might even spot a crocodile. A relaxing yet exciting day fishing and chit-chatting about anything of interest, except politics – THAT IS WHAT WE CALL A GREAT CAIRNS FISHING ADVENTURE!!
About Vessel “Don’t Know”
- The vessel `dont know` is a 6.50 metre Cairns Custom Craft (Northwind).
- Purchased in 2011 to be custom fitted for commercial survey as well as maximum comfort and space.
- Specially designed for estuary fishing, river fishing, reef fishing and lure and popper fishing.
- Powered by the efficient 4-stroke Suzuki 140 hp to get you to your fishing locations fast and safe.
- Fitted with top of the line Furuno Chart Plotter and Garmin navigation GPS.
- Marine carpet on the floor, padded seats and sun shade blind for protection from the sun.
- 2016 a new aluminium trailer was designed and built for transportation of vessel to different locations.
About Vessel “River Rocket”
- THE RIVER ROCKET is a 5.8 metre Fishing Charter Boat, built be SUBSEE Explorer Pty Ltd of Cairns, Australia.
- She is a 20 foot flat-bottom punt, especially designed and built for the smooth waters of the estuaries and rivers systems of Far North Queensland.
- Two of the latest additions to her include a Hummingbird Side Scan Sonar and she is powered by a fuel-injected four-stroke 140 hp Suzuki Outboard.
- Part of the design plan is to utilize all space available, not only for the fishing equipment and safety equipment but also give plenty of room to move around the boat for that ‘prize catch’ whilst putting less stress on the equipment and the fish.
- She has a carpeted floor which is easy on your feet and no shoes required; easily cleaned at the end of the day, fresh and ready for tomorrow’s adventures.
- The two built in live-bait tanks keep the selection of bait fresh as a smorgasbord to tempt our saltwater species.
- To keep the heat of the sun at bay, a canopy covers approximately 3/4 of the boat yet the front 1/4 of the boat is not covered, this allows room for the lure fisherman to move when lure fishing.
(07) 4045 0234
0418 194 517
1 Pierpoint Road, Cairns, Queensland, Australia, Cairns City QLD 4870
PO Box 1309, Cairns, Queensland, Australia, 4870